Nording: Virgin Grain Freehand Churchwarden (1)
Product Number: 002-508-1496
What began as a block of briar soon became stummel, and then to a Dublin, followed by a Freehand, and finally a Churchwarden; such is the mind of Erik Nording. Besides its visionary design, what I find really nice on mostly all of this pipe maker's designs, is the generous showing of plateau on the rim--which I tend to think of as "pedal wilt" when combined with Nording's often floral rim designs--that adds just a touch a melancholy and depth to an otherwise dapper piece.
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 10.45 in./265.43 mm.
- Weight: 2.40 oz./68.04 g.
- Bowl Height: 2.32 in./58.93 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.86 in./47.24 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.79 in./20.07 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.97 in./50.04 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Churchwarden
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: Denmark