Nording: Orange Grain Smooth Freehand (2)
Product Number: 002-508-2025
One can easily distinguish this as a Nording because of the paneled, asymmetrical bowl, and deep, roomy chamber. This Orange Grain Freehand is a primary example of Nording's signature freehand shaping: improvisational and wild in the Danish "Fancy" school style. As a pipe maker, however, Erik Nording refuses to be pigeonholed, churning out matchless versions of the an underlying Dublin shape, this particular example displaying gorgeously deep, extremely vibrant stain.
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 6.28 in./159.51 mm.
- Weight: 1.90 oz./53.86 g.
- Bowl Height: 2.23 in./56.64 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.83 in./46.48 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.89 in./22.61 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.63 in./41.40 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Freehand
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: Denmark