Nording: Brown Grain Smooth Freehand
Product Number: 002-508-2402
Erik Nording's visionary, freehand designs range from the amorphous to definitively floral; this being obviously of the latter. Moving around the bowl, what is commonly referred to as panels transforms into pedals, the inner, squarely-shaped rim an anatomic stigma. This is not unusual among Danish carvers; just as Poul Winslow and any of the others who have ever attempted the Tulip shape. Where Nording makes it his own, however, is in the plateau, which one could imagine is symbolic of wilt, instilling the pipe with a weighty concept, deemed too dark for some makers.
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 6.02 in./152.91 mm.
- Weight: 2.00 oz./56.70 g.
- Bowl Height: 2.27 in./57.66 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.60 in./40.64 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.84 in./21.34 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.48 in./37.59 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Freehand
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: Denmark