Scott Thile: Partially Sandblasted Bent Egg with Celluloid (FH) (294)
Product Number: 002-615-0018
Compressed to the point where some ambiguity may arise as to whether it is properly Egg or Apple, this neatly rounded bowl is fittingly matched to a long, deep transition and rather broad-flanked shank. All of Scott Thile's shaping plays well into the choice of a half-and-half finish, the smooth-polished and contrast-stained shank and transition serving both as a means to show off flame grain and birdseye, and to more strongly present the black sandblasted and ring-grained bowl.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.16 in./131.06 mm.
- Weight: 1.70 oz./48.19 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.79 in./45.47 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.44 in./36.58 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.75 in./19.05 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.59 in./40.39 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Bent Egg
- Finish: Partial Sandblast
- Material: Briar
- Country: United States