Ashton: Pebble Grain Bent Tomato (XXX)
Product Number: 002-006-1189
Jimmy Craig seems to enjoy mixing things up a bit, occasionally tossing a very Danish design in amongst the classic English briars that Ashton is best known for. Of course, while the shaping of this bent Tomato may be Danish, the finish most definitely is not, as it sports a rugged, craggy, seamed, deeply-etched texture that's both distinctively old-fashioned English, and pretty much the complete opposite of the extra-light sandblasts common to the actual Danish school.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.08 in./129.03 mm.
- Weight: 1.50 oz./42.52 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.34 in./34.04 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.13 in./28.70 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.83 in./21.08 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.79 in./45.47 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Tomato
- Finish: Sandblast
- Material: Briar
- Country: England