Ashton: Old Church Bent Tomato (XXX)
Product Number: 002-006-1182
Well, now I'm wondering if Jimmy Craig is just messing with me. Ashton is an English marque, a maker of English pipes, and one to which Jim himself introduced that distinctively old-English style of extra deep and craggy sandblasts. And yet, here he tosses us one unmistakably Danish design, presented in an extra-light sandblast, as the Danish are known to favor. And he did a really fine job of it all at that. Let it not be said that Jimmy Craig slouches on quality, even when it comes to pulling off practical jokes.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.09 in./129.29 mm.
- Weight: 1.50 oz./42.52 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.35 in./34.29 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.13 in./28.70 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.83 in./21.08 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.80 in./45.72 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Tomato
- Finish: Sandblast
- Material: Briar
- Country: England