Ashton: Pebble Grain Bulldog (LX)
Product Number: 002-006-1215
Deep and craggy sandblasts were once quite a signature of the English pipemaking tradition, particularly associated with Dunhill, who of course started the whole sandblasting of briar in the first place. In more recent decades, however, those sandblasts faded away to much lighter treatments, leaving smokers and collectors who desired the extra depth and ruggedness of the old style scouring the estate pipe market. That was, at least, until Jimmy Craig took up the reins at Ashton, and started producing deeply-etched briars like this straight Bulldog.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 6.05 in./153.67 mm.
- Weight: 1.70 oz./48.19 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.97 in./50.04 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.63 in./41.40 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.82 in./20.83 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.72 in./43.69 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Bulldog
- Finish: Sandblast
- Material: Briar
- Country: England