Ashton: Brindle Rhodesian (XXX)
Product Number: 002-006-1223
While the Rhodesian is smoothly formed by nature, Jimmy Craig evidently decided to go the other direction completely when finishing this particular briar, giving it one very healthy dose of the sandblaster. The result is a deeply-etched texture, especially on the bowl, where it reveals a nonetheless smoothly rolling and curving ring grain. Personally, I think it works out just fine, lending this classic pipe design a plentiful organic depth and more unique character.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 6.07 in./154.18 mm.
- Weight: 1.20 oz./34.02 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.48 in./37.59 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.27 in./32.26 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.79 in./20.07 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.62 in./41.15 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Rhodesian
- Finish: Sandblast
- Material: Briar
- Country: England