Ashton: Pebble Grain Billiard (XX)
Product Number: 002-006-1459
This handsome lad doesn't adhere to the traditional straight Billiard template: a shank that is roughly as long as the bowl is tall and a bit that roughly equals the length of the bowl and shank combined. Nor is it (by a long shot) a Canadian. That's just fine by my tastes, if I wanted shaping which consistently looked as if it were made by a machine, I wouldn't be in the Ashton area. When it comes to a pipe with character, and one with a fine grain, you would be hard pressed to find a better pipe for the money than Jimmy Craig's work.
R. Bear Graves
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.90 in./149.86 mm.
- Weight: 1.20 oz./34.02 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.76 in./44.70 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.48 in./37.59 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.76 in./19.30 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.30 in./33.02 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Canadian
- Finish: Sandblast
- Material: Briar
- Country: England