Becker: Sandblasted Strawberry Wood Poker (Three Clubs)
Product Number: 002-007-0519
Sometimes strawberry wood can be tricky to discern from briar, and other times not so much. In the case of this sandblasted Paolo Becker piece, I'd say it's very much an example of the latter; this is a fine example of the sort of wilder (when compared to briar), yet still beautifully flowing grain strawberry wood tends to produce when at its best. Aside from the use of a deep-textured, detailed sandblasting process, Paolo evidently sought to further emphasis the material's untamed aesthetic by pairing it up to a contrastingly sharp, simple design - that of a solid-sitting, high-rimmed Poker.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.95 in./151.13 mm.
- Weight: 1.90 oz./53.86 g.
- Bowl Height: 2.51 in./63.75 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.93 in./49.02 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.79 in./20.07 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.53 in./38.86 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Poker
- Finish: Sandblast
- Material: Strawberry Wood
- Country: Italy