Becker: Sandblasted Strawberry Wood Billiard (Four Clubs)
Product Number: 002-007-0533
Lighter and more absorbent than briar, strawberry wood also exhibits an insane (as in a good - not a "I'm in Condie Rice's bathrobe" kind of way) grain patterns, and Paolo Becker provides us with a beautifully shaped and generously sized canvas to fully appreciate the magnificent striations. While I can't quite title this striated skyscraper a Chimney, with a bowl that towers at 2.4", I can't say I'm not tempted, and the manner of Paolo's bucolic approach to the heel shape, works in beautiful concert with the spontaneity of the grain.
--R. "Bear" Graves
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.96 in./151.38 mm.
- Weight: 1.70 oz./48.19 g.
- Bowl Height: 2.40 in./60.96 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 2.17 in./55.12 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.81 in./20.57 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.55 in./39.37 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Billiard
- Finish: Sandblast
- Material: Strawberry Wood
- Country: Italy