Becker: Sandblasted Poker with Horn (Two Clubs)
Product Number: 002-007-0558
At first glance, the first thing this Paolo Becker reminded me of was Tsuge's "Tokyo" series of sitters. It's every bit as light and elegant in build, it sports a delightfully slender stem, and again like those bamboo-sporting Tsuges the composition has been complemented by a shank-extension of organic material - horn. Of course, it differs in being a hand-made, one-off piece, in the distinctive style of the artisan whose hands did the making. As in the style of form and line, it likewise shows in the depth and grain of the sandblast as well.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.58 in./141.73 mm.
- Weight: 1.10 oz./31.18 g.
- Bowl Height: 2.07 in./52.58 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.69 in./42.93 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.73 in./18.54 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.23 in./31.24 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Poker
- Finish: Sandblast
- Material: Briar
- Country: Italy