Becker: Sandblasted Strawberry Wood Stack (Three Clubs)
Product Number: 002-007-0507
Very recently Italian carver Paolo Becker has been offering up sandblasted pipes such as this. Though it's a true contrast blast (he probably blasted the finished shape, then stained it black, then blasted it again with a softer media) the piece isn't finished in a top coat of stain, lacquer, or even any kind of wax, the result of which is a unique, virgin contrast blast. Which means the pipe, given tender love and care, will patina up quite a bit over the years. And I do mean 'years'; this Stack Billiard boasts a generously deep tobacco chamber, as you might imagine based on its measurments.
-- Ted Swearingen
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 6.46 in./164.08 mm.
- Weight: 2.30 oz./65.20 g.
- Bowl Height: 2.56 in./65.02 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 2.10 in./53.34 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.81 in./20.57 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.63 in./41.40 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Billiard
- Finish: Sandblast
- Material: Strawberry Wood
- Country: Italy