Benni Jorgensen: Smooth Freehand
Product Number: 002-331-0251
Well, this is different. While the vibrant bengal finish is a Danish signature, and the powerful substance of this briar is all Benni, the play of line, the arching form, and the prominent flourish appearing at both rim and shank-end leave me wondering if he wasn't taking inspiration from Maigurs Knets's Art Nouveau-influenced style when drawing up this beauty. Flame-grained, birdseye-freckled, and balancing in a gracefully poised posture as a sitter, whatever inspiration Benni Jorgensen was working from here, he's certainly made the most of it.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 6.35 in./161.29 mm.
- Weight: 4.30 oz./121.90 g.
- Bowl Height: 2.04 in./51.82 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.95 in./49.53 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.89 in./22.61 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.99 in./50.55 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Freehand
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: Denmark