Il Duca: Barone Sandblasted Bent Dublin with Plateau (DDD)
Product Number: 002-427-0227
This is a very Danish sort of design, with its smooth lines, lively flare of the shank, and plateau crowning the rim, yet the finish, with its combination of a very fine, crisp, light sandblast and a dusky, earthy stain, calls more to mind the work of modern American artisans. Massimiliano "Max" Rimensi, however, is an artisan known for working skillfully in a variety of "schools" or styles, so I'm that surprised to see him create something like this combination - nor that he's pulled it off so beautifully, either.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.63 in./143.00 mm.
- Weight: 1.50 oz./42.52 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.80 in./45.72 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.42 in./36.07 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.82 in./20.83 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.81 in./45.97 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Bent Dublin
- Finish: Sandblast
- Material: Briar
- Country: Italy