Dunhill: Amber Root (4106) (2014)
Product Number: 002-015-2361
A stout take on the straight Pot, this Dunhill Amber Root presents us with a fireplug of a bowl paired to a thickly-proportioned shank and stem. The result is a reassuring sturdiness, both in hand and aesthetically, backing very smooth and refined lines. The upper tier of the Amber Root, the Amber Flame, is judged according to, as you might well guess, flame grain. This is fortunate, as if it were birdseye they were seeking to spot (say, like in the Castello Occhio di Pernice), Dunhill would have definitely bumped this one pretty far up in grading (and price).
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.34 in./135.64 mm.
- Weight: 1.30 oz./36.85 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.63 in./41.40 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.34 in./34.04 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.76 in./19.30 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.43 in./36.32 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Pot
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: England