Ernie Markle: Sandblasted Calabash with Masur Birch
Product Number: 002-490-0016
Though the arching transition and lofty proportions of this Ernie Markle Calabash present the bowl in a very high-set style indeed, he's made sure to lend the design a solid anchor, in the form of one properly stout shank and turned stem-base. He's also created an artful play between the rounded, rather organic rim's finish and the likewise round-contoured masur birch accent, the dark contrast finish of the former, and the strong grain definition of the latter each complementing the other.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.80 in./147.32 mm.
- Weight: 2.30 oz./65.20 g.
- Bowl Height: 2.20 in./55.88 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.69 in./42.93 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.75 in./19.05 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.87 in./47.50 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Calabash
- Finish: Sandblast
- Material: Briar
- Country: United States