Alex Florov: Sandblasted Tomato with Mastondon Ivory
Product Number: 002-354-0150
The first thing to catch my eye on this Alex Florov design is the long, slow sweep of the tear-drop sectioned shank, and while it obviously plays a big part in the composition's gesture, I think the most conspicuous thing about it is simply it's length - atypical of such broad-shanked, artistic Tomato, Rhodesian, and Bulldog shapes, which tend to be of more compact proportions. Outlier it may be, but Alex makes it work (as we should expect), creating a graceful, powerful synergy between shank, transition, and bowl.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 7.10 in./180.34 mm.
- Weight: 2.70 oz./76.54 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.43 in./36.32 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.08 in./27.43 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.79 in./20.07 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 2.12 in./53.85 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Tomato
- Finish: Sandblast
- Material: Briar
- Country: United States