Alex Florov: Smooth Discus with Bamboo
Product Number: 002-354-0162
Alex Florov and Hiroyuki Tokutomi have collaborated in the past, and while this piece is Florov's alone, this smooth Discus has clearly drawn inspiration from the Japanese aesthetic. The pipe's delicacy is balanced by its gentle curves and playful asymmetry. Despite the pipe's minimalist reserve, as it sits in the soft lamp light of my office, I can't help but feel that it's a bit coquettish. While the straight grain of the bowl will catch anyone's eye, the real treat here is the birdseye, just waiting to be discovered, hidden away on the underside of the bowl.
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 9.73 in./247.14 mm.
- Weight: 1.40 oz./39.69 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.24 in./31.50 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.06 in./26.92 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.79 in./20.07 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.89 in./48.01 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Freehand
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: United States