Peter Heeschen: Partially Sandblasted Blowfish with Boxwood (A)
Product Number: 002-283-0641
Much more subtle in its asymmetry than most Blowfish, this Heeschen piece goes for a more sculptural, rather than organic look - and pulls it off exceedingly well. The form, both in bowl and shank, is quite substantial, though the play of the lines and contrasting elements - polished, bengal-stained, birdseye-laden flanks, jet-black, sandblasted middle-ground and shank, pale yellow boxwood accent - lend it an aesthetic sense of delicacy that I find leaves you trying to handle it as carefully as you would something with a pencil-thin bamboo stem.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.50 in./139.70 mm.
- Weight: 2.00 oz./56.70 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.88 in./47.75 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.42 in./36.07 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.80 in./20.32 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.75 in./44.45 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Blowfish
- Finish: Partial Sandblast
- Material: Briar
- Country: Denmark