J&J: Partial Sandblasted Blowfish with Copper
Product Number: 002-527-0068
The Blowfish began with the Danes, saw itself transformed by the organic asymmetry of the Japanese school, and here, now, sees itself presented in a wilder American artisanal form. With a polished, softly rounded left flank, and a right defined by sweeping, dramatic, sandblasted facets, this J&J definitely offers a strong play on contrasts. As much as it may differ from its overseas predecessors though, viewed from for, aft, above or below, you can still see a Japanese-influenced balanced asymmetry throughout the shifting masses of the form.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.19 in./131.83 mm.
- Weight: 3.20 oz./90.72 g.
- Bowl Height: 2.44 in./61.98 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.76 in./44.70 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.72 in./18.29 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.73 in./43.94 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Blowfish
- Finish: Partial Sandblast
- Material: Briar
- Country: United States