Larrysson: Smooth Cherrywood with Plateau
Product Number: 002-456-0044
Though the deeply-rustiacated, then lightly-sandblasted "Tree Bark" is Paul Hubartt's best-known style of Cherrywood, he does offer other variations as well, both with straight-up sandblasts, or, as in this case, finely flame-grained smooth finishes. And the strokes of flame grain on this briar are indeed very fine indeed, albeit pretty wild as well, something which is all the more emphasized by their being found on a Cherrywood shape that's quite a bit more massive than most of his sandblasted and/or rusticated examples.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 6.07 in./154.18 mm.
- Weight: 3.50 oz./99.22 g.
- Bowl Height: 2.29 in./58.17 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.88 in./47.75 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.83 in./21.08 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 2.13 in./54.10 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Poker
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: England