Gregor Lobnik: Smooth Paneled Freehand
Product Number: 002-357-0078
Like his mentor, Peter Matzhold, Gregor Lobnik is well known for favoring shapes that accentuate the natural beauty of the briar. This smooth, paneled Freehand is a fine example of this aesthetic tendency. The side panels provide a wide canvas for especially tight birdseye grain, while the front and back panels show off the briar’s lush straight grain. Beyond accentuating the grain, the shaping is reminiscent of the Streamline Moderne architecture of the 1930s, with its deft combination of rounded curves and horizontal lines.
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.32 in./135.13 mm.
- Weight: 2.80 oz./79.38 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.79 in./45.47 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.56 in./39.62 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.73 in./18.54 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.84 in./46.74 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Panel
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: Slovenia