Maigurs Knets: Smooth Bent Freehand with Pine Cone
Product Number: 002-519-0033
Though not as wildly possessed of Art Nouveau flourishes as many of Maigurs's freehand designs, there's still no little novelty to be found in this particular shape, which appears, at best guess, to be something of a hybrid between bent Acorn and Blowfish. With broad, beautifully grained, paneled flanks, and a sturdy, yet smoothly transitioning and tapering shank, the lines and form overall do maintain a very Art Nouveau, flowing naturalism about it, if just in a quieter, less dramatic manner than some of his other work.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 6.07 in./154.18 mm.
- Weight: 2.00 oz./56.70 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.59 in./40.39 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.16 in./29.46 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.76 in./19.30 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.58 in./40.13 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Freehand
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: United States