Michael Lindner: Sandblasted Apple with Bamboo (C1)
Product Number: 002-514-0070
While Michael Lindner does also work in the sort of finely-proportioned bamboo popular with modern artisans, he isn't bashful about making use of far stouter pieces as well, to create designs more reminiscent of the old Dunhill "Whangee" pipes. This broad-chambered, ring-grain packed straight Apple is a clear example of just that, featuring a short, sturdy transition leading to two very fat knuckles worth of beautifully pale bamboo, all of which is in turn accentuated by the wasp-waisted design of the saddle bit.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.72 in./145.29 mm.
- Weight: 1.70 oz./48.19 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.60 in./40.64 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.24 in./31.50 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.82 in./20.83 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.68 in./42.67 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Apple
- Finish: Sandblast
- Material: Briar
- Country: United States