Peterson: Sherlock Holmes Smooth Brown Original P-Lip
Product Number: 002-029-17938
The Peterson "Original" is a big Calabash, presumably a shape they chose based upon the tradition of actors portraying Holmes replacing the churchwarden, which Sir Arthur Conan Doyle had him smoking, with a much more manageable gourd Calabash. An interesting and rather subtle touch, too, is that the "Original" Calabash and the "Watson" Rhodesian (named, naturally, after Sherlock's closest friend and partner in crime-solving) share the same stem, shank, and transition design - making the pipes themselves something of a pair.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.57 in./141.48 mm.
- Weight: 2.30 oz./65.20 g.
- Bowl Height: 2.20 in./55.88 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.77 in./44.96 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.83 in./21.08 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.51 in./38.35 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Bent Dublin
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: Ireland