Rad Davis: Partially Sandblasted Rhodesian
Product Number: 002-356-0265
Though American pipemakers as a whole vary widely in style, there has emerged in recent years a certain style recognizable as "American school," I think, and Rad Davis's work is one of the best examples. Frequent use of warm, hearty, earth-tone palettes, and shaping which seems to borrow the Danish style's smooth approach to line and gesture while adopting firmer form and bolder posture are the dominant features. Here in this broad-bowled, sturdy, yet smooth-flowing, not to mention beautiful rendition of a Rhodesian, Rad has provided a fine example.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.89 in./149.61 mm.
- Weight: 2.20 oz./62.37 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.90 in./48.26 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.54 in./39.12 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.73 in./18.54 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 2.13 in./54.10 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Rhodesian
- Finish: Partial Sandblast
- Material: Briar
- Country: United States