Rad Davis: Sandblasted Zulu with Spalted Maple
Product Number: 002-356-0273
I'm quite partial to the Zulu, so it pains me when someone goes about one all wrong. Rad Davis, however, most definitely does not go about it wrong - in fact he goes about the Zulu very rightly indeed. Flowing, smooth, subtly muscular in shank and transition, finely tapered and just a touch languid in the stem, lively, proud, and poised in the bowl: it's all there, and not just simply copied from some old English shape chart, but mixing all the essential traditional elements with a fresh and individual sense of character.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.93 in./150.62 mm.
- Weight: 1.20 oz./34.02 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.95 in./49.53 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.68 in./42.67 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.80 in./20.32 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.24 in./31.50 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Zulu
- Finish: Sandblast
- Material: Briar
- Country: United States