Rad Davis: Partially Sandblasted "Radesian" with Bacote
Product Number: 002-356-0292
This is a fairly small pipe, but it's a fairly small pipe with a whole lot of shaping going one - notably Ivarsson-esque shaping, I should note. I should also note that I quite like it. The flow is easy and continuous, which isn't necessarily any easier a thing to do when such a dramatic flare and taper of shank and stem-base is in play, and while the aforementioned shifts the visual weight of the design well towards the rear, this actually looks natural here. I suspect the fine transition plays a part in that, helping accentuate the breadth of the bowl up front, while also keeping the shank as a whole from appearing too heavy.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.15 in./130.81 mm.
- Weight: 1.30 oz./36.85 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.27 in./32.26 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.12 in./28.45 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.73 in./18.54 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.82 in./46.23 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Rhodesian
- Finish: Partial Sandblast
- Material: Briar
- Country: United States