Rinaldo: Lithos Hawkbill (YYY) (Titania)
Product Number: 002-031-0187
Aside from the "hourglass" Dublin, I can't think of any other shape as uniquely Italian as the Hawkbill. No one knows who came up with it, beyond Luigi Radice acknowledging that they were first created in the Castello workshop while he was a carver there (something he affirmed while simultaneously making it clear that, contrary to rumor, he wasn't the one to invent it). This Rinaldo offers a particularly robust and tightly-coiled rendition of this distinctive shape, possessing plenty of substance, and texture, yet also a light balance in hand as well.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.47 in./138.94 mm.
- Weight: 2.40 oz./68.04 g.
- Bowl Height: 2.01 in./51.05 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.64 in./41.66 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.84 in./21.34 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 2.01 in./51.05 mm.
- Stem Material: Acrylic
- Filter: None
- Shape: Hawkbill
- Finish: Rusticated
- Material: Briar
- Country: Italy