Scott Klein: Smooth Pot with Bamboo
Product Number: 002-517-0037
Even the simplest shapes can make for rich compositions. Take a cylindrical-bowled straight Pot, for example. Then lend it a long shank of pale, slender bamboo. Then shape it from gorgeously straight-grained briar. And make sure that's plateau
briar, because the next thing you're going to do is shave down the rim until just the slightest hint of the once-craggy plateau's pattern remains, resulting in a delicately crackled surface. I mention all of that, of course, because it is just what Scott Klein has done here.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.95 in./151.13 mm.
- Weight: 1.30 oz./36.85 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.62 in./41.15 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.42 in./36.07 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.83 in./21.08 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.58 in./40.13 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Pot
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: United States