Ser Jacopo: Rusticated Bent Dublin with Delecta Briar (R1) (Maxima)
Product Number: 002-171-1967
Italian pipemaking has produced a very distinctive style of Dublin, often referred to as the "hourglass". While it shares the older form's rim and taper of upper bowl, the lower bowl is shaped to swell out again, creating something that looks like a hybrid of Brandy and Dublin. Here Ser Jacopo took that uniquely Italian variation and cross-bred it with a Calabash, then lent the cap-style rim a good bit of cant. The result is a shape with a lot of character, and one definitely unlike anything you'd see on an English shape chart.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.70 in./144.78 mm.
- Weight: 3.00 oz./85.05 g.
- Bowl Height: 2.61 in./66.29 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 2.38 in./60.45 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.83 in./21.08 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.97 in./50.04 mm.
- Stem Material: Acrylic
- Filter: None
- Shape: Bent Dublin
- Finish: Rusticated
- Material: Briar
- Country: Italy