Ser Jacopo: Picta Magritte Smooth Bent Egg with Silver (L1) (18)
Product Number: 002-171-2002
The playful, gestural, rather curious Picta Magritte "18" is based off of a pipe from the great Belgian surrealist's 1948 piece The Cripple
, namely the version in which the titular subject sports a green beard, and specifically the sinuous bent Egg/Billiard projecting from the left corner of his mouth. (There are, it should be noted, two paintings that go by the same title - and that in one the subject smokes three pipes simultaneously, while in the other he manages to keep a full eight alight. So much for the subject being disabled.)
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.76 in./146.30 mm.
- Weight: 2.70 oz./76.54 g.
- Bowl Height: 2.36 in./59.94 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.89 in./48.01 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.85 in./21.59 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.69 in./42.93 mm.
- Stem Material: Acrylic
- Filter: None
- Shape: Bent Egg
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: Italy