Lasse Skovgaard: Sandblasted Tomato with Olivewood
Product Number: 002-327-0489
The problem with this shape, and it's the only problem I'm seeing, is that it's really blurring the lines between Tomato and Egg. Rather than fret about neat and tidy classification, however, it's better to just take it as it is; and what it is, is a lovely bit of Danish design - equal parts smooth and flourishing in profile, and just perfectly formed for wrapping a hand around. What's more, that outstretched transition and Egg-like tweaking of the bowl has allowed Lasse to tuck quite a deep chamber into this broad-hipped beauty of a briar.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.11 in./129.79 mm.
- Weight: 2.00 oz./56.70 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.66 in./42.16 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.58 in./40.13 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.72 in./18.29 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.97 in./50.04 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Tomato
- Finish: Sandblast
- Material: Briar
- Country: Denmark