Stanwell: Army Mount Smooth Red (139)
Product Number: 002-034-7869
Designed by Jess Chonowitsch for Stanwell (Jess, along with Tom Eltang and, of course, Sixten Ivarsson, is responsible for lots of Stanwell's famous shapes), the "139" has all of the hallmarks of that pipe maker. The gradual, rather than sharp-cheeked, transition from shank to bowl, the subtle curvature of the shank, the way the visual weight of the bowl sits just below its midpoint: these are all classic stylistic elements from Chonowitsch.
- Sykes Wilford
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.70 in./144.78 mm.
- Weight: 1.20 oz./34.02 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.89 in./48.01 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.58 in./40.13 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.72 in./18.29 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.40 in./35.56 mm.
- Stem Material: Acrylic
- Filter: None
- Shape: Bent Billiard
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: Denmark