Stanwell: Featherweight Smooth Tan (199)
Product Number: 002-034-6287
Though the bowl of the Stanwell "199" is certainly that of a competent little Billiard in its own right, it's the shank which really sets this design apart from the others. The hexagonal form is unusual, yet it lends the pipe the flattened bottom of a "sitter", while retaining the more graceful profile of a cylindrical shank. The final note to this composition is the bright brass fixture joining shank and stem, a legacy from the Sixtus series from which the "199", and its hexagonal shank, originated.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 4.90 in./124.46 mm.
- Weight: 1.10 oz./31.18 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.68 in./42.67 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.40 in./35.56 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.72 in./18.29 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.28 in./32.51 mm.
- Stem Material: Acrylic
- Filter: None
- Shape: Billiard
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: Denmark