Tonni Nielsen: Smooth Freehand with Spalted Tamarind
Product Number: 002-192-0243
Hey, I agree, "Freehand" didn't nail this shape at all: this is pure intent, but neither Horn nor Dublin would score a bull's eye either. Rather diminutive and eminently comfortable in the paw, this Tonni Nielsen boasts both a flowing form and easy grace which many carvers can only aspire to emulate. Anywhere the eye lands, it will be rewarded with the sight of straight, flame, or birdseye, all of which drape the form form to perfection. The bengal stain found its perfect mate in the form of the spalted tamarind inlay. Sweet.
R. 'Bear' Graves
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 4.78 in./121.41 mm.
- Weight: 1.30 oz./36.85 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.81 in./45.97 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.57 in./39.88 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.80 in./20.32 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.81 in./45.97 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Freehand
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: Denmark