Tsuge: Smooth Billiard with Bamboo
Product Number: 002-099-4555
The use of bamboo extensions dates back to WWII and the years following shortly thereafter, when both English and Danish marques used them to save on briar, which was quite dear at the time. The look took off, however, and they've since become largely the territory of pricey artisanal pipes. (Bamboo's natural ability to wick impurities out of a smoke-stream probably didn't hurt its rise in popularity any either.) Tsuge, however, manages to offer their Bamboo series designs at a price on par with many all-briar smokers.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.77 in./146.56 mm.
- Weight: 1.60 oz./45.36 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.88 in./47.75 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.62 in./41.15 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.84 in./21.34 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.51 in./38.35 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Billiard
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: Japan