Tsuge: Kaga Smooth Bent Egg (904)
Product Number: 002-099-4732
If Asami Kikuchi designed a pipe for Tsuge's regular-production lines, I believe it would look like this. The "904" shape of course pre-dates Asami's joining the Ikebana workshop, but but its smooth, rounded style, and completely soft, soothing presence in hand can't help but remind me of the kind of art projects, centered around tactile experience, she was creating previous to her introduction into pipemaking.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 4.87 in./123.70 mm.
- Weight: 1.40 oz./39.69 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.66 in./42.16 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.38 in./35.05 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.72 in./18.29 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.55 in./39.37 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Bent Egg
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: Japan