Tsuge: Kaga Sandblasted Bent Pot
Product Number: 002-099-3874
There are few more clear examples of the Danish school's influence upon that of the Japanese than this bent Dublin-cum-Pot design by Tsuge. Just sit one of these broad-rimmed little beauties down next to a Sixten Ivarsson-designed Stanwell "86" and they'll appear like long-lost siblings. There are differences as well, of course. In fitting with the Japanese style, the Tsuge presents its minimalist aesthetic in a more organic manner, at once shapelier and more gentle of line, than the efficient and masculine ideal of the old Sixten.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.32 in./135.13 mm.
- Weight: 1.70 oz./48.19 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.50 in./38.10 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.24 in./31.50 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.72 in./18.29 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.81 in./45.97 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Bent Pot
- Finish: Sandblast
- Material: Briar
- Country: Japan