Tsuge: Kaga Sandblasted Bent Brandy
Product Number: 002-099-4165
The low-slung, broad-bottomed variant of the two Brandy shapes in the Kaga series, the "901" is a delightfully organic little number, with the sort of compact, tight-knit look which Tsuge does so well. And while I wouldn't exactly call it a "sitter" in the conventional sense, this shape does sport a very low center of gravity, which along with the wide lower bowl allow it to balance easily, and surely, at a point just forward of the transition. This particular example also offers a very nice ring grain.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.15 in./130.81 mm.
- Weight: 1.60 oz./45.36 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.23 in./31.24 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 0.89 in./22.61 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.63 in./16.00 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.76 in./44.70 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Bent Brandy
- Finish: Sandblast
- Material: Briar
- Country: Japan