Tsuge: Kaga Sandblasted Bent Brandy
Product Number: 002-099-4229
The low-slung, broad-bottomed variant of the two Brandy shapes in the Kaga series, the "901" is a delightfully organic little number, with the sort of compact, tight-knit look which Tsuge does so well. And while I wouldn't exactly call it a "sitter" in the conventional sense, this shape does sport a very low center of gravity, which along with the wide lower bowl allow it to balance easily, and surely, at a point just forward of the transition. This particular example also offers a very nice ring grain.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.36 in./136.14 mm.
- Weight: 1.60 oz./45.36 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.36 in./34.54 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.04 in./26.42 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.72 in./18.29 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.69 in./42.93 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Bent Brandy
- Finish: Sandblast
- Material: Briar
- Country: Japan