Tsuge: Kaga Sandblasted Bent Pot
Product Number: 002-099-4293
Seemingly Tsuge's answer to the old Sixten-designed "86" by Stanwell, the "902" is a fine example both of the strong influence of the Danish school upon that of the Japanese, as well as the unique stylistic aspects of the latter, too. Though their gesture and proportions are unmistakably similar, the Tsuge sports a softer, more organic aesthetic, defined by gentler lines, yet also more variation in form. This particular briar also happens to offer one very fine showing of ring grain.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.03 in./127.76 mm.
- Weight: 1.50 oz./42.52 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.45 in./36.83 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.28 in./32.51 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.74 in./18.80 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.80 in./45.72 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Bent Pot
- Finish: Sandblast
- Material: Briar
- Country: Japan