Tsuge: Kaga Sandblasted Bent Pot
Product Number: 002-099-4255
There are few more clear examples of the Danish school's influence upon that of the Japanese than this bent Dublin-cum-Pot design by Tsuge. Just sit one of these broad-rimmed little beauties down next to a Sixten Ivarsson-designed Stanwell "86," and they'll appear like long-lost siblings. There are differences as well, of course; In fitting with the Japanese style, the Tsuge presents its minimalist aesthetic in a more organic manner, at once shapelier and more gentle of line, than the efficient and masculine ideal of the old Sixten.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 4.91 in./124.71 mm.
- Weight: 1.40 oz./39.69 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.43 in./36.32 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.20 in./30.48 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.71 in./18.03 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.78 in./45.21 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Bent Pot
- Finish: Sandblast
- Material: Briar
- Country: Japan