Vauen: Mastro de Paja Design Smooth Maple (106) (9mm)
Product Number: 002-457-2083
Designed and made by the Mastro de Paja workshop for Vauen, this Italo-Teutonic series is something rather unusual, at least as far as lineage goes. As for this shape, to my eye it appears to be a reinterpretation of Vauen's own "06", altered in the bowl to a shorter, more rounded Apple form, and lent a half-round, half-diamond shank cross-section. Overall, quite nice in profile, and very smooth and easy in hand.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.71 in./145.03 mm.
- Weight: 1.90 oz./53.86 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.81 in./45.97 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.34 in./34.04 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.81 in./20.57 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.75 in./44.45 mm.
- Stem Material: Acrylic
- Filter: 9mm
- Shape: Bent Apple
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: Italy