Werner Mummert: Partially Sandblasted Bent Apple
Product Number: 002-560-0030
This is a very tightly-knit design, with its plump, deeply-etched bowl nestled up close to the tightly-proportioned, sharply flared shank. I'll admit that at first I expected this to create some problems in hand, but upon picking up the pipe discovered that Werner has arranged things just right, so that the thumb naturally reaches up towards the smooth-polished, extended rear edge of the rim, avoiding the broad yet bunched-up shank altogether. The result as a whole is comfortable, and certainly provides plenty of texture, plus presents a profile that seems ready to burst with energy.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.65 in./143.51 mm.
- Weight: 2.10 oz./59.53 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.91 in./48.51 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.63 in./41.40 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.77 in./19.56 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.89 in./48.01 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Bent Apple
- Finish: Partial Sandblast
- Material: Briar
- Country: Germany