Werner Mummert: Sandblasted Reverse Calabash Black Barrel
Product Number: 002-560-0060
Werner Mummert does not dabble in extremes. No, not content to splash around or wet his feet, he dives right into them. In his take on the reverse-Calabash, he expresses this through an absolute minimalism that leaves the Eltang Tubos looking conservative. Two cylindrical forms are one too many for Mummert; so he proceeds directly to paring the shape down to but one. Aesthetically, the result calls first and foremost to my mind the "Heighliners" of David Lynch's film adaption of Frank Herbet's Dune
- especially as seen here in a black sandblast. Engineering-wise, it also happens to result in one very, very capacious cooling and condensation chamber.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.06 in./128.52 mm.
- Weight: 2.30 oz./65.20 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.46 in./37.08 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.42 in./36.07 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.74 in./18.80 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.57 in./39.88 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Freehand
- Finish: Sandblast
- Material: Briar
- Country: Germany