Werner Mummert: Sandblasted De Stijl Poker
Product Number: 002-560-0082
Gerrit Rietveld's famous "Red and Blue Chair" would appear to be the inspiration behind the Cubist forms and often colorful finishes of Werner Mummert briars like this. They are, suffice to say, some of the most boldly playful pipes I've ever seen, the closest competitor, to my mind, being the deliberately mad "Insanus" designs of Ser Jacopo. Combining sharp modern forms with vivid reds and greens and deep, dark blues, they are, beyond a doubt, unlike anything else.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.08 in./129.03 mm.
- Weight: 2.70 oz./76.54 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.78 in./45.21 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.52 in./38.61 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.80 in./20.32 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.62 in./41.15 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Poker
- Finish: Sandblast
- Material: Briar
- Country: Germany