Top 5 Pipe Picks for Ladies
Ladies, this is for YOU! Now Gentlemen, do not let that previous sentence deter you. This information could be just as useful to you as well. As a woman, I have been part of what I have dubbed "the pipe struggle." When I first came to smokingpipes.com a few months ago, I loved every pipe at first sight. High end, low end, it didn't matter; they were all beautiful works of art to me. As I acquainted myself with the pipe world, however, I noticed a trend. Where were the pipes for women? While I admired several of what I considered masculine pipes, I did not see very many feminine shapes. I thought to myself, why do the boys get to have ALL the fun? Well ladies, look no further! I have compiled what I consider five of the more graceful pipes, which will not only go great with your outfits, but will help you keep up with what the boys are doing. After all, girls just wanna have fun! Enjoy!
1. Peterson's Dracula Smooth (68) - This pipe has a classic Peterson bent Brandy shape but comes with a blood red stem swirled with black twists and a smooth, black bowl to match. This is a pipe for a woman with a dark, mysterious side. Or if you are like me, a woman who just adores vampire folklore. Added bonus: it goes GREAT with blood red lipstick.
2. Tsuge's Urushi Sukura Billiard - When we received this offering from Japanese pipe maker Tsuge, it was love at first sight. Beautiful, meticulously detailed flowers meet bamboo, creating a dynamic of both delicacy and strength. What's NOT to love? This is the perfect pipe to pair with a silk robe and an aromatic tobacco after a long day.
3. Chris Askwith's Smooth Bent Dublin - The moment we girls in data entry saw this pipe, we were sold on it. I'm quite sure it had something to do with the fact that the stem is a beautiful lilac. As if that's not enough, the light, natural briar with stunning streaks of flame grain gives it an extra feminine touch. Both of these factors together make this a fierce yet delicate pipe for any lady.
4. Savinelli's Marron Glace Smooth (636 KS) - Don't let the KS size fool you, this pipe is great for the ladies. When this pipe first caught my eye, my initial thought was, SPARKLES. If you're anything like me, it's all about the shiny stuff, right? My second thought was, oooh candy! This pipe was named after a sweet treat and would be equally as sweet for anyone who wants to add a little flair to their smoke. The deep chocolate stain is set off by the translucent ice-like stem. Ladies, what's not to love about this beauty?
5. Ardor's Urano Ninfea Chimney with Silver Spigot - For the lady on the go, this pipe is simply perfect for you! It has beautiful partial rustication that makes it easy to have a smoke, set it down, and go. No need to worry about scratching the bowl like you would with a smooth pipe. If that were not enough, it has a silver army spigot mount accentuated by a purple/periwinkle colored mouthpiece. Classy, yet functional!
There you have them, five pipes for your smoking pleasure. Now gentlemen, there was a reason I have asked you to stick around while we go over these "glamourous" briars. If you want your significant other to join you in your pipe smoking world, get her a pretty pipe. Pair it with a nice aromatic such as Vanilla Custard or Molto Dolce, and she will fall in love all over again! Not only will you have a partner to share your smoking hobby with, but she will look fabulous while doing it. Ladies, try these out. I guarantee you will feel like that fashionista we all have deep down inside of us.
Happy smoking ladies & gents!