E. Hoffman Company

Back in 1857, Edward Hoffman opened E. Hoffman & Co — a tobacconist — in Chicago Illinois. Enlisting the help of his cousin Iwan Ries, they ran the store succesfully until Hoffman's death, at which time it became Iwan Ries & Co, which still runs to this day. Along the way, the pair not only created Hoffman House Bouquet Cigars, which was then sold to a larger manufacturer, but a handful of pipe tobacco blends which enjoyed popularity across the US. These blends, all but gone for 70 odd years, have now returned.